âWhat do you want me to do for You?â Jesus asked.Â
âO Teacherâ, the blind man said, âI WANT TO SEE!â
(Mark 10:51 The LIVING BIBLE translation)
GIVE ME YOUR EYES, LORDâ¦
(1) To see and experience You just as You really are.
(2) To appreciate the wonders of Your creation.
(3) To see how deep, long, wide and high Your love is, enough to die for me, an undeserving sinner.
(4) To recognize that the debt of my sins has been paid; that I am free, forgiven and justified.
(5) To recognize that the pleasures that this world and satan is offering me is not worth my soul and eternity in bliss.
(6) To recognize that I can NEVER earn my salvation or remain in faith by works, no matter how hard I try.
(7) To see the Bible not merely as letters in print, but as a letter and life map written by a loving father to a doting son / daughter.
(8) To see and love other persons the way You love them no matter their social class or how flawed they are.
(9) To see how I wound a soul deeply with my careless words and hurting remarks and how much I edify when I choose my words more carefully and wisely.
(10) To see through peopleâs faces and beyond the facade of smiles and calmness and understand that many are prisoners of fear, ignorance, unhealthy self-esteem, pain, poverty and addictions and offer a kind word, a little insight, time or resources.
(11) To understand that I may be the only letter someone may ever read; hence I should be a living representation of who Christ is.
(12) To see and understand really how instrumental I am, was or will be to the growth or stagnancy of those around me.
(13) To see unbelievers, not as a set of people I am better than or I should avoid, but as souls, doomed for hell, except I intervene with love.
(14) To see my fellow believers (irrespective of the number of years in faith) as persons I can learn from and in turn, sharpen.
(15) To see beyond the worldâs politics and economy and understand that all creation is waiting eagerly for the manifestation of the children of God; we are the CHANGE they NEED and CRAVE FOR.
(16) To see beyond the worldâs definition of beauty and to recognize that I am fearfully and wonderfully made.
(17) To see that Your plans for my life are the best for me; It doesnât matter how I or any other person FEELS about it.
(18) To recognize that I donât merely exist or come about my mistake or chance, I was MADE FOR A PURPOSE.
(19) To see beyond the praise or criticisms of men and SEE WHO I AM REALLY through Your lens.
(20) To recognize, whether I or the other 7.3 billion people living on planet earth choose to accept, deny or ignore it, that there is a hole, a void, an emptiness inside of us which only You can fillâ¦WE ARE TOTALLY HELPLESS AND HOPELESS WITHOUT YOU!!!
And just as Brandon Heath sang:
Give me Your eyes to see these people the way you have seen them all along
Give me Your eyes for just one second,
Give me Your eyes so I can see,
Everything that I keep missing.
Give me Your love for humanity
Give me Your arms for the broken-hearted, the ones that are far beyond my reach
Give me Your heart for the ones forgottenâ¦â¦
GIVE ME YOUR EYESâ¦â¦.
Chinazor Cynthia Orgu is a physiotherapist by formal training. A pencil in the hand of the Creator called forth to share His thoughts to His people.
She can be reached on Facebook: Chinazor Orgu